Plum Creek Park is located on 25 acres of land off of Cherry Street. The land was purchased by the City of Kent from Kent Water and Light Company in 1923, and at various times was used as a drinking water reservoir, field for water wells, storage area, a landfill, a gravel pit, and a pistol range. In 1977, the Parks and Recreation Board began an intensive effort to reclaim the land and dredge the reservoir and the park officially opened in 1979.
Plum Creek Reservoir
The facilities at Plum Creek have continued to expand over the years to include a baseball diamond, open recreation area, an interpretive center, three picnic shelters, fitness game court, playground area, and a sand volleyball court. Informal picnic areas are located throughout the park and several small bridges lead to islands that are excellent places for fishing.